Saturday 26 July 2008

My First Ever Rant!

My first ever post where I will be ranting/grumbling/declaiming/raving (put it any way you like) all the way through this post.

Its been a month or so since I have been working for an invesment bank and I haven't made any posts since the day I started working, too tired and hardly any time to catch up with sleep! The commute is also killer. For me, its three hours a day. One and half to and from!

One thing that always suprised was the amount of money (salary) those that work for investment banks get. Not anymore. I beleive the amount of hours that those that work at investment banks put in is what gets them those high salaries.

We all know the ridiculous hours that are worked. I think this and the stress is where all the money comes from and not the type of work. Some of you may have heard of the jokes about the "micky mouse" jobs that exist, like "doodling" with excel and powerpoint.

The above is just me ranting, but the conclusion I want you to take from this is that I love working for an investment bank! Slightly different from what I was saying above but I love the fact that you get to spend time with people that share similar interests.

A friend of mine is on an Industrial Placement at an investment bank I will get him/her to write something about their experience. Feel free to also share your experience by posting a comment.

I would actually love to hear what those at consultancies have to say since I would like dedicate a summer internship to a consultancy just to broaden my experience.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"but I love the fact that you get to spend time with people that share similar interests."

hehehe if only this blog was truly anonymous :)

Let me know if you want my hiterto exculsive rant about IBs

D

Free Your Mind said...

lol i would love to hear your rant! Email it and I will publish it

Anonymous said...

congrats on the exam - its tricky!