Monday 23 February 2009

Best Place to work 2009 – Top 100

I have awakened from my slumber; it’s been a while since I made a decent post in this Blog. To be honest, I have lost interest in investment banking and I assure you its nothing to do with the current predicament we are in. ;)


Hiring freezes all round, its just depressing. However, there might be something to cheer you up. The results for “Best Place to work 2009 – Top 100” according to Here is the City readers has been published and they managed to come up with Houlihan Lokey Howard & Zukin as the best and followed by Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation in second place. I hear you say, “I’ve never heard of them”. Well they are very good for what they do.


Nomura is in 7th place on that list probably because of the ex-Lehman Brothers European and Asian employees still giving thanks and grace to Nomura. In last place of the top 100 list, AIG is listed. No surprise and no surprise to investors that they will face a long wait and lower returns according to the FT.


This list although not from a reputable source, Here is the City is known for reporting rumours quite a lot rather than hard facts and its more of an entertaining read rather than it being news worthy. Of course, this is my opinion and I welcome those that disagree with me.

No comments: